Heating and Cooling Maintenance
The importance of maintenance can not be overstated when talking about heating and cooling systems in your home. This is the most crucial factor in preventing expensive, unanticipated costs and emergencies. The primary reason that cooling and heating systems fail in the first place is because of neglect and dirt. Properly maintaining a system involves much more than simply changing the filters.
Certified technicians will put your system through a complete check to make certain that your heating and cooling apparatus remains safe, efficient, and dependable. An annual tuning up of your HVAC system will better your efficiency levels and comfort. Experts recommend checking over your cooling systems in the spring ahead of the peak demand summer season and your heating system during the fall so that you are prepared for the peak winter demand season heating needs.
Consider the many advantages you gain in having this preventative and routine maintenance performed each year:
- No Inconvenient Down Time – This service will catch possible service issues in advance of them causing expensive and inconvenient emergency repairs
- Savings on Operating Costs – Up to half of the energy you pay for in your house is allocated to heating and cooling systems. When you have a dirty filter, this will decrease the speed of air flow and cause your system to work much harder in order to maintain the cool and warm temperatures you want. It wastes energy. With peak operating equipment from routine maintenance, you will see your energy consumption decrease
- Longer Lasting Equipment and Warranty Coverage – Extended warranties as well as the original manufacturer ones demand routine maintenance be performed. By keeping your equipment well-maintained, you can lengthen your system’s life expectancy considerably. Conversely, if you do not properly maintain this equipment, it will result in costly and premature system failures
- Safety Issues – Detecting potentially dangerous problems through regular maintenance gives you added protection and peace of mind for your family. Improper operations of this equipment can cause dangerous fumes to leak from poor venting or even a cracked heat exchanger
Taking care of your HVAC filter is a good place to start with proper maintenance. This is something that you can do on your own. Cleaning or replacing it on a monthly basis is recommended. Properly maintaining a clean HVAC filter will do all of the following for you:
- Avoid restricted airflow that would only place more strain on the fan motor, causing it to burn out, your equipment to break down, or your system to overheat
- Stop contaminants from accruing within your system’s critical internal components
- Keep your duct work from becoming clogged by debris. This debris reduces the life span of your HVAC equipment and ends badly with expensive repairs or high replacement costs
- Boost the quality of your indoor breathing air. This not only helps with allergies and asthma, but also additional illnesses from which you may be unnecessarily suffering
Installation and Replacement
The top priority of a good heating and cooling system company is safeguarding your family and home. Their installation and replacement technicians will use drop cloths to protect your carpet and walls, wear booties to keep your carpets clean, and be respectful while in your home, honoring your requests. They will always deliver fair, competitive, and detailed bids on either equipment replacement or new sales and installation. Quality will not be sacrificed for any job regardless of the size, and the technicians will aim to satisfy customers 100 percent of the time.
Duct Cleaning and Sealing in Bend
Many people are not aware of the many benefits of sealing up your air conditioning ducts. This will decrease levels of indoor air pollution, lead to a better indoor air environment, and assist you in reducing your energy costs each month. Studies have shown that the typical duct system suffers a loss of from 20 percent to 40 percent of its total output thanks to leaks.
Making matters worse, such leaky ducts also bring in unhealthy pollutants from attics and crawlspaces. They can also allow for furnaces and fireplaces to pull dangerous carbon monoxide into your house. Some good news is that there are both utility rebates and tax credits available to have your home’s ducts tested and sealed.
Is Duct Cleaning Worth Seriously Considering?
The fact is that duct systems have demonstrated their uncanny ability to collect a wide range of contaminants that can negatively impact your health and that of your family. These contaminants can include fungus, mold, bacteria, and dust mites and particles, among others. The benefits to having your ducts cleaned include all of the following:
- Less frequent times needed for dusting
- Healthier and cleaner air for your home
- Less expensive utility bills
- Greater efficiency in both your heating and cooling
- Less frequent issues with asthma attacks or general sneezing
What Are the Warning Signs That You Should Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
Without a doubt, your air ducts gather and entrap dirt, debris, and pollen dust every day. This allows for mildew, mold, and similar bacteria to grow in the gathered debris and dirt lurking within your air ducts. This can create real issues for you and even lead to sickness down the road.
For those who have recently moved to a new home or who have not had their air ducts cleaned before, these are real signs that you need to have this service performed. Here are some other obvious warning signs in your house that suggest you should have a serious cleaning of your air ducts performed:
- In only a day of doing a thorough dusting of your home, dust layers re-appear
- Your walls gather brown dust fuzz in the vanes
- Your air filters are constantly covered in thick dust and debris requiring that you continuously change the filters
- You suffer from bad air transfer, causing higher utility bills
- You awaken to dry nose or throat
- When you turn on the air conditioning or heat, you suffer from repeated sneezing
- Asthma attacks within your home are all too frequent
Fortunately there is no reason to continue suffering from these symptoms when you can simply have your ducts professionally cleaned. At Professional Heating And Cooling in Bend, we can help.
Some of our Bend Oregon services include:
- Water heater replacement
- Installing heat pumps
- Heat pump repair
- Air conditioning repair and maintenance
- Gas furnace Repairs
- Radiant floor heating installation and repair
If you live in Bend Oregon and need a HVAC contractor, give us a call today to check availability:
Professional Heating & Cooling
418 SW Black Butte Blvd
Redmond, OR 97756